STEP 1. BE SURE YOU:
- Have your BGE account number.
- Have a digital/scanned copy of the original receipt showing the date of purchase, model number and proof of purchase. Note: A packing slip or email order confirmation is not adequate unless it contains all the required information.
- Are applying on a compatible computer or mobile device. (Apple and Windows-based desktop and laptop computers running current browser software** are compatible, as are Android and Windows mobile devices.)
- If you are a landlord or tenant applying for a rebate but the account is under someone else’s name, a completed payee release form is required. The form is available here, under "Renters and Landlords." Please have a scanned copy ready.
- Have a photo of the smart thermostat model and serial number(s).
- If you purchased your smart thermostat online, you are responsible for paying the Maryland state sales and use tax, if the retailer did not include sales tax on the transaction. For information about how to pay the tax on your smart thermostat, please go to the Comptroller of Maryland's website.
** Internet Explorer 10 and above, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Step 2. CONFIRM THAT YOU AND YOUR SMART THERMOSTAT ARE ELIGIBLE.
ENERGY STAR® Certified Smart Thermostat
To be eligible for a rebate of $100, you must be a BGE residential customer with a heat pump, central air conditioner, gas furnace or gas boiler, who purchases a qualifying smart thermostat. Limit three rebates per household.